Wednesday, July 1, 2009

FDA Says No More Vicodin and Percocet

The FDA has said, in the words of Amy Winehouse, "No, no, no!" when it comes to the alarmingly addictive drugs, Vicodin and Percocet.  Sounds good to me.  I started out my career as a communicator by working for Cigna Healtchare, in their call center, way back in the mid 1990's.  I took a call one day from an individual claiming to be a big time radio personality in the Valley of the Sun, that's Phoenix, AZ., begging me to call his primary care physician or pharmacist to release Percocet to him.  I was 23 at the time. 
 
You can imagine what I was thinking.  The truth is that I had no idea what Percocet was, but after talking to a couple of older individuals on my team, I quickly found out that the stuff was worse thatn drug I had heard of growing up.  So, I told the poor fella no and went on with my day.
 
Good job, FDA.  Too bad it's happening so late.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, Dr. Gregory House is in big trouble. No more Vicodin? He'll have to find a new wonder drug to abuse. Actually, I think a little less popping on that program would be an OK thing. It definitely sends the wrong message to the public.

    ReplyDelete