Thursday, June 25, 2009

Iranian Hard Liners Win

So, in the end, the demonstrators and protesters in Iran have lost.  What used to be massive protests just a few days ago have turned into dwindling numbers of trouble-makers as the Iranian hard line government has started to crack down with their big sticks of oppression.  The truth is that there are few precious beliefs worth dying for in this world.

This is especially true if by dying you're going leave your children without a mother or father...or both.  I can't blame the protestors and demonstrators for stepping down, walking away and protecting themselves.  But I do, and this is strange because I love him as if he were my brother, have to bring up the fact that President Obama hasn't exactly acted the way that I have expected him to.

The President of Iran, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, has called out Obama for helping to incite the demonstrators.  What will Barrack do?  Probably nothing which might be the smart, political, thing to do, but in reality is something that I just can't back him on.  I love Barrack Obama but this might be a watershed moment in history and we, as the United States, have to take a much bigger stand then just saying...no worries.  It's your country.  We want to stay out of it.

I'm not saying that we need to start a war, but what I am saying is that the U.S. and her allies have to come up with a viable plan to helping not only the people of Iran but strategically bringing Iran back into the world's good graces.  Iran is just to important.

Hey, who am I?  Maybe, the powers that be already are working on such a plan.   

No comments:

Post a Comment