Sunday, June 7, 2009

Pandora Gets it Right...Most of the Time

I just got done messing around with Pandora.  Most of it's pretty good.  I mean, when I put in Green Day, I end up getting the Killers ond Offspring.
 
When I put in Willie Nelson, I end up getting Waylon Jennings.  When I put in Elvis, I end up getting Johnny Cash and Carl Pickens.  When I put in Sam Cooke, I end up getting Otis Redding.
 
All of that makes sense.  But what about Coldplay and U2?  Really?  No comparison from my point-of-view.  And, also, what's the deal with Boby Dylan, The Band, and Grateful Dead all tied up with the Beatles?
 
I mean, sometimes it feels like Pandora is for the Beatles.  I put in Queen and I get Eleanor Rigby.  Weird.  Oh, and just because Adele is British it doesn't mean that she, or Duffy, is close to the brilliant Miss Amy Winehouse.
 
But, hey, I'm complaining about nothing.  The truth is Pandora is as brilliant as anything I've seen on the internet in...well, forever.  I put in Son House and I get Blind Boy Fuller, Mississippi John Hurt, Charley Patton, Robert Johnson and Skip James.
 
Good enough for me.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment